CBCS embraces the historical Christian view of life as presented in the Bible. Since God created and sustains everything through His Son, Jesus Christ, the world and life are God-centered and should glorify Him. Man, being a sinner by nature and choice, cannot glorify or know God apart from a personal relationship with Jesus Christ as Lord and Savior. The total process of education, therefore, must seek a restoration of the student to a position of true knowledge, righteousness, and holiness in Christ by relating the whole person to God spiritually, mentally, and physically.
In Christian education there should be a proper balance between academic freedom and academic responsibility. Freedom in any orderly relationship of human life is always limited and never absolute. The freedom of a teacher in a Christian school is limited by the pre-eminence of Jesus Christ, by the authoritative nature of the Scriptures, and by the distinct purpose for which the school exists.
All truth is God’s truth and must be integrated into every area of school life. Education is primarily the parents’ responsibility. The school functions as an extension of the home to aid the parents in providing this education.
Our goal is to create the “perfect” blend of (1) challenging academics, (2) quality instruction
and (3) caring insight to give our students the best chance at a (4) well rounded learning
environment, all under the direction and provision of God and His will.
- Challenging Academics: Material and information that will push the student to the
limits of his/her ability and then just a bit further, enabling our students to excel past their
- Quality Instruction: Pushing our own teaching styles to be better, to get us out of our
comfort zones just a bit, to embrace the varieties and multitudes of curriculum and
- Caring Insight: Being open and ready to handle the “vision moments”, times where the
students “get it” and then act on that new-found insight.
- Well Rounded Learning Environment: Education for the big picture; not just
classroom knowledge but skills necessary to excel in life, outside of the classroom;
giving the students the Christian view to help them stand strong against worldviews
(giving them the biblical education and information they need for the “battlefield”).
- WE BELIEVE the Bible to be the inspired, inerrant, infallible, plenary, and authoritative Word of God.
- WE BELIEVE in the literal, six-day, creation account that is recorded for us in the book of Genesis.
- WE BELIEVE that the eternal triune God reveals Himself to us as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, with distinct personal attributes, but without division of nature, essence, or being.
- WE BELIEVE in the deity of our Lord Jesus Christ in His virgin birth; in His miracles; in His sinless life; in His vicarious and atoning death through His shed blood; in His bodily resurrection; in His ascension to the right hand of the Father; and in His personal return in power and glory.
- WE BELIEVE that salvation involves the redemption of the whole man, and is offered freely to all who accept Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour, who by His own blood obtained eternal redemption for the believer. In its broadest sense, salvation includes regeneration, justification, sanctification, and glorification. There is no salvation apart from personal faith in the Lord Jesus Christ.
- WE BELIEVE that the Holy Spirit is God, fully divine. He inspired holy men of old to write the Scriptures. Through illumination, He enables men to understand truth. He exalts Christ. He convicts men of sin, of righteousness, and of judgment. He calls men to the Saviour, and effects regeneration. At the moment of regeneration He baptizes every believer into the Body of Christ. He cultivates Christian character, comforts believers, and bestows spiritual gifts to them by which they serve God through His church. He seals the believer unto the day of final redemption. His presence is the guarantee that God will bring the believer into the fullness of the stature of Christ. He enlightens and empowers the believer and the church for worship, evangelism, ministry, and service.
- WE BELIEVE human life to be sacred and that it begins at conception. According to the belief that all life is sacred and God-given, abortion is a violation of God’s fundamental law for human society.
- WE BELIEVE God created male & female separately, with characteristics unique to each gender so that we may serve Him in our God-given biblical roles.